Saturday, January 24, 2009

We must save the potatoes!

So, I'm fairly sure only ED sufferers have dreams like these...

Last night I dreamed that my family-- which in my dream consisted of my brother, my grandfather and my grandmother and myself, had carefully cultivated a few crops of HIGHLY special potatoes. Now you MUST MUST understand these were UNIQUE AND SPECIAL. And from what I understood, their taste was OUT OF THIS WORLD. However, I only took that from what I was told because I had never been allowed to taste any of them because they were much much too valuable for the family to actually consume. There were french bread potatoes, apple cinnamon potatoes, pure butter potatoes, macaroni and cheese potatoes, and some kind of marinated wine potato. Now, in my dream a horrible natural disaster was coming involving a deluge and all the crops were in danger and we were scrambling to save even a few of our precious potatoes, but still we were forbidden to taste or eat the potatoes. But we were lugging around bags of potatoes. All the while spilling them along roadsides. Our bags eventually became small boxes, then plates then handfuls, as we kept tripping and spilling out potatoes, but STILL we were forbidden to sample the precious potatoes.

Like I said, I'm FAIRLY sure other people don't have dreams like these.

------
Such an irony to live a life obsessed with food, yet never be able to enjoy it

No comments: