Monday, January 26, 2009

no longer treading water

I wrote this two years ago:

Treading Water

I’m nine
The evening sun is sinking over the lake
Pleasure boats head home and give up the water to the evening fishermen
“Amy!” calls Grandma from the house
“It’s time to come in”

The blue black water laps around me
Peddling and pushing my scrawny arms and legs,
Keeping the water moving,
Keeping me still amongst the currents
The waves splash around my neck and chin
Spitting out the water
Breathing in
Breathing out
Keeping my limbs moving

Instinctively in training
For what would be my life

Every girl should learn this skill
------------------------------
I am no longer treading water. I am definitely moving through the water now. The meetings are scheduled and have been advertised. If you build it they will come?

I am proud of myself today.

No comments: