Sunday, January 25, 2009

Miss America

No matter what you call it, no matter what you do to change your image... it's still a friggin beauty contest. You are still parading skinny women across the stage with plastic smiles competing for a prize based on external (YES IT IS EXTERNAL) qualities. I don't see any big and busty girls with phd's up there! I sure as hell don't see any quadriplegics running philanthropic organizations!

I HATE beauty pageants. There is something wrong in a world that has these.

and Yeah, yeah, I know, usually they have a talent, or something going on... so let's just call it a Beauty and I'm not A COMPLETE idiot- pageant.................


------------
(ooooh, look at amy learning how to express anger...)
------------
ok-- analysis

Why am I so upset?

Because I don't want a world where my little girl has to continue to see this image of the "total" package as being so important. The perfect woman. So many of us try so hard day in and day out to be this "perfect woman", and in reality, just getting through the day, being good people, and not totally screwing something up is what we should be doing. NOT worrying if our ass is too big, if our hair is out of place, or if our pasties are slipping off.

This is MY Little Miss America!!!!

No comments: