Saturday, June 6, 2009

Irony

My friends... i have noticed an interesting irony... yet again in my life....

It has been a year since I started my blog.

I began it June 5th, 2008.

So today, On June 6th, 2009th, the topic of my blog is freedom...

the title of my very first blog was

"twenty three years later and no sign of real FREEDOM yet"

- i can honestly say--

this really is no longer true

In so many ways.... I can say with confidence, honesty and peace

I am so free, I will always be a person with this inside of me.

But

In some beautiful powerful sense of the word

In a sensual spiritual emotional

living

real

sense of the word

I am free!
-----------------------

Note: Since I am noting dates, I think I have an anniversarying coming. Looking at the dates of last years posts, I am guessing that June 30th of last year will approximately mark a one year anniversary since my last relapse to purging. This to me is BEYOND INCREDIBLE, even in good stretches earlier in my life (Aside from the babymaking/nursing years-where I was the model of health), the longest I had maintained was usually 6-9 months without a slip. I will find a quiet way to celebrate that day. I need some more poetry books :)

No comments: