Saturday, June 20, 2009

Because there is more to be grateful for than just peanut butter

Thank goodness for...

My children's beauty and strength and love and wisdom
and the smiles on my children's faces this morning
and that
I am still here to see them

The smell of lavendar and basil and thyme and roses in my garden
the dirt under my nails
the sweat on my body as I work the soil
my grandfather for teaching me to love the earth
and the wild beauties that come from it

My precious select friends that just seem get me
and allow me my space to be me
in patience and understanding
and continue to
and my ability to figure out who those friends were

For the 4 non blondes song on my shuffle
and the joy of music and the beat of life in my soul
for my voice and my ears and my heart

for paint, and paper, and glue and wood
and books and words
and the wonderful things that we can make from them!

for a life that seems to continually award
grace
and
do overs and new beginnings

-Thank goodness for life and the times I chose it, so I can be here now feeling this, writing this and knowing this--

2 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

I notice you mention peanut butter a lot.. Do you like that?

Amy said...

Peanut butter is a protein/fat source VERY commonly used by nutritionists for ED recoverers as part of meal plans. I happen to love it. It has gotten me through some pretty tough times. So... yes!