Sunday, January 3, 2010

Still a work in progress...

Still have to remember the things I have learned over the years to keep me healthy and strong. I still have to remember that -Amy- is a worthy project and investment. That -Amy- can't have coffee, and needs the things that she needs for important reasons. That -Amy- just isn't like everyone else.

Because we are each unique and what I need is not always what you need.

This commitment, and recommitment to -Amy-, is part of this work in progress.... going on each and every day....

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

You are so right. We are ALL works in progress - and we will be until our last breath. Every day we are learning more about ourselves, improving ourselves, growing, strengthening, maturing, aging and gaining life experience.
There is always, and always will be, something to work on and with. That's life - nothing is perfect, and that imperfection is what makes us unique and beautiful in our own individual ways.
Acceptance is key. And I'm glad you are seeing that.

Love,
Eleanor.

Elisabeth said...

I just wanted to say that I read all of your blog and find it really interesting & inspirational! I am also recovering from an eating disorder so I can really relate to how you feel. Just hang in there hun and stay strong in your recovery! Recovery is like a bridge, you have to walk from one side to the other. it's a long process but on the other side is light, happiness, health and freedom! I wish you the best in your recovery and I'm always here if you ever need to talk!

Amy said...

Thanks for these comments beautiful friends. I find I still have to remind myself that the ups and downs of "being me" are ok. That even in recovery- life isn't a bowl of cherries :)