Friday, October 10, 2008

When life changes

Sometimes life changes, and it isn’t always easy.

For some of us, those life changes can cause the Ed voices to get louder and tell us
To make ourselves perfect to protect ourselves from these stressful changes
And to protect ourselves from our fears.

Our eating disorder is our talisman in times of change.

But for me, it is no more.

For ME I will protect and nourish my body as my life changes.
I will be a strong mother. I will not be so weak I can not respond to my children’s needs.
I will not be so tired I can not make sound judgments. I will not let the voices debase me. I will talk back to the voices and tell them they have no more place today than they did last week or the week before.

I will enter the new world as a single woman, as someone I believe in, no matter what my body currently looks like. I will allow this woman to continue to grow healthier and stronger in the image of who she is supposed to be.

And ultimately,

there is always peanut butter.

Thank god for peanut butter.

No comments: