Saturday, July 19, 2008

Change is stressful

The food plan is really stressful. It is challenging the restrictions I have placed on myself for so long that create a perception of safety and control for myself.

The thought of eating more to maintain (or even lose) weight is absurd.

Eating more carbs when I have been Atkins brainwashed is very hard.

The thought that I don't have to avoid certain foods, but can choose from any foods is so loose I feel unstable.

The thought of intentionally consuming fat at each meal is really pushing me.

Additionally, I decided to try adding the cardio. Everytime I have added cardio into my exercise routine I have always fallen into restriction and purging. This is very frightening to me. With the cardio, I know my appetite will return. And then I will eat, and then I will perceive that I am binging. I just have to tell myself that the food plan accounts for this and follow the food plan.

I have been doing very well for most of the day. By dinner time I am feeling very stuffed though and not able to keep up with the plan. But, overall I think this is positive. I think that means I am meeting my needs better. My energy is improved too. I have been gardening nonstop! I left work early on Friday to work in the yard because I had the bug. I don't feel the need for as much sleep or caffeine to get through the day. I believe the added carbs in my diet is making a nice difference. Also the regularity of the blood sugars must be making a difference. when I tracked my food intake for her, it was sheer chaos. No rhyme or reason except for breakfast which only makes sense because, it's when you wake up and that's a fairly well established time!

No comments: