Monday, November 10, 2008

How does it feel to be textbook?

I was looking for more links to put on my blog and I found this:

Causes of Eating Disorders:
http://www.anred.com/causes.html

The degree to which my own story, symptoms and experiences have been so textbook is always something I have such mixed emotions about. Everyone always likes to think that their story is a little different, a little bit of an exception to the rule, that they don't quite meet every criteria, or they aren't "as bad off" as everyone else.

But-- this morning I am going to respond with this- ok, what do I do with those feelings? What do I do about it?

I use that knowledge I have, I use the fact that I am textbook, that I am a "classic" example- to help change the world. I understand almost all aspects of the disorder, and I can use that understanding somehow, to help other women.

No comments: