Tuesday, October 13, 2009

About ending my EDA involvement

Recently I attempted to organize and facilitate EDA groups for my state, as readers will see in my blogs. I wanted to speak briefly about why I discontinued those. I found that my personal time and resources did not allow for me to support it in the way it needed to be supported. I found myself giving so much to the group, and very little to continuing my own development and the development of my new life. And I found aspects of the group interactions actually unhealthy for me and some group members. Once I made that last observation, I discontinued my involvement immediately- not wanting to be part of something that was non-optimal for others. I found that what had started as a truly spiritual type of awakening for many people, failed to continue to prosper in that direction without the proper structure to do so.

I have learned many things from this experience, and I feel others did as well. I am truly touched by the friends I made and (hopefully) the growth they experienced in our 6 months together in this social experiment. I am reflecting now on what we did together and the experience I had, especially the more intense and transformational aspects of the experience. I hope to find some meaning and wisdom to draw upon to inform future efforts and current practice of others.

Amy

No comments: