Sunday, September 20, 2009

Random Thoughts Of Late

Meal Plans May Be Forever....

As I am becoming more and more happy and growing into my body and accepting food. I do find myself from time to time stressed with the "new me" and the "new body". I remember though, that if I am essentially following "the meal plan", then I have that comfort that I am ok, I am doing what my body needs and it assures me that I am where I should be and it will take care of me in the end.

----------------------

Can an ED Recoverer Eat Bacon?

Yes, Virginia, they can. With faith, and trust and pixie dust. They can.

----------------------

How is the NEW BODY working out for you?

It is softer, it is womanly, the curves are in the right places, and my bras fit again. It pleases me. I still have clothes that fit it. Makes sure you keep all your clothing in all your healthy sizes. It makes it so much easier when you are healthy again to find something to wear and to enjoy being healthy again.
----------------------
Donuts?

Yum. Sparingly.

But Yum.

3 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

ooo fun =)
I like bacon (but I always take the fat off). Good for cooking (flavor, etc) - but that texture? not very good (unless it's cooked very well, then that's ok) but really, who wants to eat fat? (like in that very obvious form)

Hope that comment isn't censored.

Donuts are good.

I am so proud of myself for feeling grounded today and eating normally (no ED - but a lot of weird and irrational anxieties about food allergies).

Oh, I love your talk of curves and fitting into clothes the way your describe (I definitely look forward to that - maybe things'll turn up the next few months with my new-found 'grounded' feeling and behaviors that I think have caused that and will help me to eat better)
Sounds really good.

Nice post - very nice ;)
Thanks Amy

Amy said...

Well, I had a nutritionist point out once that you certainly don't have to eat EVERYTHING- some things, hot dogs, donuts, bacon, really aren't good and don't NEED to be eaten. But once in a while, you just WANT to. So you know what IT IS OK.

I used to focus a lot on things like allergies, organic foods and obsessions about contaminants and dyes, sodium, to allow myself the ED without really having the ED. It was a way to totally restrict my diet and stay very thin.

If you take the fat off... seems to me there isn't much left! not really worth it! lol

HappyOrganist said...

That's interesting what you say about using food allergies, organic, etc. to have ED w/o .. .
um. that's interesting (mulling it over here)

Bacon - I just buy the kind with Lots of Meat on it! ;)

or just fry it extra (it's ok that way)