Monday, August 11, 2008

Update on the meal plan

I've been on a meal plan for a month. I can't say I really follow it perfectly, but that's ok, because I don't think in real life later I would be that regimented or want to be anyways. I'm having a hard time eating the amount of protein I'm supposed to and am making up for it with carbs apparently. But at least I am in the calorie range she wants. But she said I will feel more satisfied when I start eating more protein instead.

It is amazing to me that I have INCREASED my caloric intake by 30-40% and doubled my fat intake and not gained a single pound. And there are so many foods and condiments I have put back into my diet, that I feel liberated like I can really cook and enjoy so many more things again. Each one was stressful. But now that I see that I have been eating these things and NOT gained any weight, I feel like it is actually possible.

I'm still struggling to decide if I should try and lose any weight right now, my joints seem to be asking me to, (not to mention my fall jeans- ugh) but I am never sure if its really my joints that are talking, or Ed.

No comments: