Tuesday, August 5, 2008

For my wonderful daughter

I want a world where women are valued for their strength, kindness, and capacity to give.

I want a world where a woman's wit and intellect means more than her bra size.

I want a world where fashion models actually come close to the average size of the American woman.

I want a world where cheerleaders are banned. Yes, I said it. It's my blog. I can say whatever I want.

I want a world where the fact that my daughter can run faster than any boy in her class is IMPRESSIVE and it won't matter if she is as big as most of them too! (and can probably beat up most of them too if she wanted to!)

I want a world she can grow up in and believe in herself, not second guess herself, set her own goals, and strive for her own definition of excellence.

We need to help make that world for her. I am going to help make that world for her. And it starts in the very home she lives in.

No comments: