Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and giving thanks

Thanksgiving has passed,

and I am grateful to be here, alive, and surrounded by kindred spirits in my life, who understand who I am, love me for all my strengths and weaknesses, and encourage me to seek what I want to do with my life. Who do not judge me, but celebrate me. I am grateful that I have three unique and spirited children who are prospering. And I am grateful for each and every day that I have with them. I am grateful for a boyfriend who adores me and understands me, and when he does not understand me, invests endless energy and patience in "figuring me out".

I am grateful that I ate and enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast guilt free. That I savored it and allowed myself the decadent experience of eating without shame. I prepared food for the ones I love and great care went into the preparation of the food. And for once, I too enjoyed the product instead of merely watching others eat and making my primary concern the intricate act of serving others.

I am grateful for my ability to recover, to weather the hard times, and to be here today, smiling, strong and happy.

Life is good-- Living-- is good.

No comments: