Tuesday, November 3, 2009

for those suffering still tonight

My heart still breaks for those who still suffer. The cycle is vicious. And the outside world stands stunned and unable to understand the trap that we live in. I am grateful to live on the other side. And escape is complicated. It takes many many steps to get to freedom. Changing so many perspectives, aspects of your environment, your lifestyle, your behaviors.

So sad when I hear news of those who suffer to great depths.

We are complicated, and we hurt with this. Sometimes we hurt to a great extent that it seems unbearable.

You have to believe in a better way, in a better life, NOT JUST in a life without the eating disorder, but in a life where you are stronger, more confident, more competent, and more powerful. I have found in my own life that it does exist. I truly wish for my friends out there that their paths will continue towards that better life as well.

No comments: