Monday, October 25, 2010

The Holidays

They are upon us. The unholy trio: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Never mind the extra food activities that seem to get slipped in there- the office parties, the fall apple pies, hannukah chocolates.

This is indeed a DIFFICULT time of year for us. This is how I am going to get through it this year, let me know if you like this strategy!

I am definitely going to revisit my meal plan. I know that on my meal plan I CAN eat a single little treat each day. I also am supposed to keep up my moderate exercise when I follow the meal plan.

I am going to make sure I pick up a couple of flattering outfits that make me FEEL GOOD about myself- so I am not additionally overwhelmed by poor body image.

I will plan for the days that I'm not going to worry about food. For me I know which dates those are: Thanksgiving and Christmas eve and Christmas Day. EVERY OTHER SINGLE DAY, I'm going to follow my meal plan.

I'm going to look for a few new "healthy" recipes that will still give me those wonderful fall flavors without overwhelming me. Mulled cider? Baked apples (without the pie crust!)?

I'm going to refuse to engage in conversations with other folks about "how much I'm putting on because of the holidays". It will trigger me and make me feel worse. I will learn to smile and say something encouraging and walk away.

Let me know if you have any other great ideas!!!

Amy

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Amy- I think this is a FABULOUS plan. Remember, food is our medicine. The holidays tend to be a tough time for a lot of us and it is extremely proactive of you to realize that and come up with a strategy, such as revisiting your meal plan. Kudos to you, my friend!