Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My BIG question

In answer to my question... the one that I started my blog with...

Yes Amy,

I think once you are an eating disordered person, you are always an eating disordered person.

That does not mean you can't be happy and healthy though.

It just means, you will always have to be careful, watch for triggers, and remember that this vulnerability exists inside of you.

The past few weeks have seen a few challenges arise for me. I did well, but it reminded me that this monster lives inside of me. That it can occupy a lot of my mental time and energy fighting it to stay well. It reminded me that the things that kept me healthy at the beginning of recovery, still keep me healthy TODAY.

We must always keep up the good fight, no matter how recovered we think we are.

That's just part of who we are.